Kight Center for Emerging Technologies
Indian River State College
Main Campus, V Building
3209 Virginia Avenue, Fort Pierce, FL 34982
(attendees receive a group discount)
The Hampton Inn & Suites
1985 Reynolds Drive
Fort Pierce, Florida 34945
Office #: 772-828-4100
Direct line Director of Sales: Jo Seiler @ 772-828-4125
· Sunday, March 20: 10 rooms reserved @ $89.00 each
· Monday, March 21: 20 rooms reserved @ $89.00 each
Monday, March 21, 2011
12:30 – 2:00
Tour of the Kight Center for Emerging Technologies and future site of the Brown Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship
2:00 – 2:30 p.m.
FBIA Welcome & Update
Edwin R. Massey, Ph.D., Indian River State College President
Thomas O’Neal,Ph.D., FBIA President, Associate Vice President of Research & Commercialization for University of Central Florida
2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
Round Table Updates
4:30 – 4:45 p.m.
4:45 – 5:30 p.m.
Economic Development on Florida's Research Coast
Relevant points include:
- Supporting entrepreneurs in late stage 1 and stage 2 companies
- Comparative analysis of business development in smaller communities in this region
- Statistics of small business growth in the US
- How we encourage the growth of CEO ecosystems on the Research Coast Targeted industry cluster growth
- Creating and sustaining a vibrant business climate in this region
- Regional business training events and topics of interest for entrepreneurs
Reception at TBD
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
- Annual awards ceremony with recognition of the incubator advocate of the year
8:00 – 9:00 a.m.
Board Meeting and Continental Breakfast
9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
Growth of Economic Development in Florida
10:00 – 10:15 a.m.
10:15 – 11:15 a.m.
Lessons Learned – Tips You Won’t Find on eHow.com
Gordon H. Hogan, Director of UCF Business Incubation Program
11:15 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.