Florida Business Incubation association
- CALL TO ACTION
- If you're an entrepreneur, an entrepreneurial support organization can be a lifesaver! Place-making organizations enable entrepreneurs and business builders transform their dreams into reality.
- Entrepreneurial Support Organizations (ESOs) dedicate themselves to the successful launch and operation of promising businesses. But, what if you operate the ESO? Who is looking out for you and empowering you with access to the tools and resources you need to make your program, place, or partnerships skyrocket to success?
- The Florida Business Incubation Association (FBIA) is here to serve YOU.
- OUR ORIGIN STORY
- Established in August 1998, the FBIA shares information and develops programs that support the successful growth and operation of entrepreneurial support organizations throughout Florida.
- Specifically, FBIA fulfills this mission through several key initiatives:
- Statewide Peer-to-Peer Meetings - The FBIA hosts two in-person meetings in member regions (typically in February and September). These gatherings present great opportunities for the members to network and share ideas, learn about each other’s programs and learn the latest in entrepreneurial research and trends.
- Program Development -The FBIA plays an integral role in identifying and developing affinity vendors and sharing program best practices that help you provide greater service to your clients.
- Unified Voice - Through the FBIA, statewide ESOs have one, centralized mechanism to ‘speak as one’. The Association serves as a "sounding board" for its members, who can share their concerns, needs and goals in order to maximize their effectiveness.
- Storytelling & Impact – FBIA champions the pursuit of inclusive prosperity for all and shines a light on the incredible work being done statewide by ecosystem builders. Additionally, effective organizations measure impact and report on their results.
- As a member of the FBIA, you will reap the rewards of this fantastic networking and career-enhancing opportunity. Furthermore, you will enjoy up to 3 complimentary registrations per dues-paying location toward our statewide conferences and enjoy unparalleled access to top-flight management training workshops to keep you current and relevant in your profession.
- We strive to build an inclusive and diverse membership representing all program types, sizes, fiscal sponsors, and geographic areas.
- We desire to get “better together” realizing that sharing and diffusing knowledge in a “community of practice” makes us all better at what we do.
- We are lifelong learners investing in ourselves because we realize best practice programs are only as good as their best practice leaders.
- We are committed to unlocking value and serving our business builders and entrepreneurs with integrity, transparency, and best-in-class programs and services.
- For our entrepreneurs and business builders to win, our statewide entrepreneurial ecosystem needs to thrive. It can do so, by building trust between regions and programs, aligning mutual interests, and putting them first.
- Interested in joining? Click here.
Karl R. LaPan
Under LaPan’s direction, entrepreneurs through the NIIC have launched 499 products, applied for 196 patents (most have been granted), created 2,351 jobs, and attracted more than $100 million in grants and capital. He also established a Women’s Entrepreneurial Opportunity Center to serve women business owners more effectively, built a portfolio of inclusive support grants to give underrepresented groups greater access to entrepreneurial services, and launched a Kiva Hub in collaboration with the City of Fort Wayne and two other organizations to crowdfund inclusive and diverse entrepreneurs in Northeast Indiana.
LaPan graduated with a master’s degree in human resources from American University after earning a bachelor’s degree in business management from Franklin Pierce University. He has a number of certifications related to entrepreneurship, mentoring, emotional intelligence, leadership and management, and financial management. He is a licensed real estate broker.
He currently serves as Vice President of Florida Business Incubation Association, Treasurer of startGNV, Secretary of Alachua Chamber of Commerce, Chair of Alachua County Economic Development Advisory Committee (EDAC) for Board of County Commissioners, Advisory Board Member for the Santa Fe College Perry Center for Emerging Technologies, and Advisory Board Member for the Institute of Biotechnology at Santa Fe High School. Elliott graduated with a master’s degree in business administration and a bachelor's degree in history from the University of Florida. He has a number of certifications related to entrepreneurial ideation and mindset, mentoring, coaching, and wine.
Jennifer serves as the driving force behind one of the largest single-use incubator facilities in the US. Since joining The Hub in 2016, she has excelled in maintaining occupancy and revenue goals, implementing innovative client-centric programs, and spearheading new initiatives and special projects. Her commitment and leadership were pivotal in The Hub receiving the 2018 International Business Innovation Association (lnBIA) Global Mixed-Use Incubator of the Year award.
Jennifer is a seasoned professional who brings a wealth of experience from diverse sectors, including sales, hospitality, real estate law, finance, and accounting. Her proficiency extends to finance, operations, strategic planning, project management, data analysis, problem-solving, and leadership.
Outside her professional endeavors, Jennifer is actively involved in the community. She proudly serves as a board member for the Alachua Junior Achievement and the Florida Business Incubator Association. A graduate of Leadership Gainesville, she exemplifies values such as compassion, respect, resilience, courage, passion, and imagination.
In her personal life, Jennifer's journey started in some of the finest restaurants in South Florida and Atlanta before transitioning to a successful career in business. Her ultimate goal is to foster a safe, encouraging, and supportive community for entrepreneurs to start, grow, and thrive. Beyond her professional achievements, Jennifer enjoys traveling, camping, hiking, and indulging in her love for food and wine. A fun fact about Jennifer is that she was born in the hospital situated on the very land where she now passionately works.